This wheelchair is specifically designed to transport patients, including up and down access ramps. Wheel locks/brakes near the handles give excellent control of the chair to the companion. Why not use a regular wheelchair for transport?
Because it may become impossible to control on an uphill road or on a down slope. A standard chair is designed for the passenger to propel themselves, and all controls are built accordingly. A caregiver pushing a passenger in a standard chair may not be strong enough to fight against gravity. In that case, standard chair may "run away" and result in injury to the passenger. Transport chairs, however, have brakes near the handles, allowing the caregiver to stop the chair and get help.
- Weighs only 19 lbs.
- Available in blue or red frames.
- Folds flat for easy transport.
- Handy lever on chair back makes it easy and convenient to fold back down.
- Comes with seat belt.
- Companion activated wheel locks.
- 12” rear “flat-free” wheels.