Adjustable Bath Tub Transfer Bench
Who needs a tub transfer bench?
For a person who is elderly, injured or has a physical disability, bathing and showering without a tub transfer bench can be difficult. A tub transfer bench allows comfortable, relaxed and stable position during the shower. There is no need to strain while getting into a bath tub, risk a fall or depend on others' help.
Steps for Safe Use
- Stand with the bench touching the back of your legs; steady yourself by use of a support, such as walker, cane or grab bars on wall, then sit in a slow controlled manner. Do not "fall" down on the seat.
- Slide back as far as you can with both legs still outside the tub.
- Lift one leg at a time over the edge of the tub. Your caregiver can help you as needed.
- Maintaining your seated position, shift over towards the tub until you are positioned directly over it. Draw the curtain over the bench. Using a hand-held shower will lessen water spilling outside the tub.
- After your shower, dry your feet to prevent slipping and repeat the process in reverse in order to leave the bath tub.
This tub transfer bench:
- Tool-free assembly (and disassembly) of back, legs and arm.
- Stable and dependable due to A-frame construction.
- Durable blow-molded plastic bench and backrest.
- Precise height adjustments in ½" increments with unique “Dual Column” extension legs.
- Reversible to accommodate any bathroom.
- Stop pinching your fingers with pinch-free lever to depress push pins.
- Standard bench weight capacity: 400 lbs
- Bariatric bench weight capacity: 500 lbs
How to assemble the tub transfer bench (we can also assemble it for you at no extra charge):
We Also Recommend
Folding Universal Sliding Bath Tub Transfer Bench