Who needs a tub transfer bench?
For a person who is elderly, injured or has a physical disability, getting in and out of the bathtub can be difficult. For such a person, stepping over the tub wall can be both difficult and unsafe. A tub transfer bench removes the need to stand and step over obstacles. It also allows comfortable, relaxed and stable position during the shower. There is no need to strain while getting into a bath tub, risk a fall or depend on others' help.
Steps for Safe Use
- Stand with the bench touching the back of your legs; steady yourself by use of a support, such as walker, cane or grab bars on wall, then sit in a slow controlled manner. Do not "fall" down on the seat.
- Slide back as far as you can with both legs still outside the tub.
- Lift one leg at a time over the edge of the tub. Your caregiver can help you as needed.
- Maintaining your seated position, shift over towards the tub until you are positioned directly over it. Draw the curtain over the bench. Using a hand-held shower will lessen water spilling outside the tub.
- After your shower, dry your feet to prevent slipping and repeat the process in reverse in order to leave the bath tub.
This tub transfer bench:
- Tool-free assembly (and disassembly) of back, legs and arm.
- Stable and dependable due to A-frame construction.
- Durable blow-molded plastic bench and backrest.
- Precise height adjustments in ½" increments with unique “Dual Column” extension legs.
- Reversible to accommodate any bathroom.
- Stop pinching your fingers with pinch-free lever to depress push pins.
- Standard bench weight capacity: 400 lbs
- Bariatric bench weight capacity: 500 lbs
How to assemble the tub transfer bench (we can also assemble it for you at no extra charge):